I have never sent two, let alone three messages to my constituents in one day. However, I must send this apology, one felt deeply, like in a deep sort of way.
My announcement that we were withdrawing from the race has set off an avalanche of mail and various reactions. In Florida for example, flags are flying at half mast in all the Turnpike rest stops. Religious fanatics are causing harm to themselves in their torment by flogging each other. In Mississippi schools are closing half days, on Saturday and Sunday. The collection of tolls on two driveways in Kentucky have been suspended for 48 hours. Senators Obama and McCain are hosting a "Thank God" party on the Letterman show and Mrs. Palin has even purchased birth control pills formulated from the glands of Moose.
I did not mean to set off this furor. I am pleading with my enthusiastic and Dear constituents to refrain from any mourning, picketing or acts of disturbance. Please, I beg you, practice restraint. Get a hold of yourself and be strong, our day will come. Four years pass quickly, especially when you're older.
May God bless you and may God Bless America
Al Hoffman
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment